Prospect Enrichment Preschool uses the "Creative Curriculum" which emphasizes play as the tool for learning. Play provides the foundation for academic or "school" learning. It is the preparation children need before they learn highly abstract symbols such as letters and numbers. Play is the work of young children.
Our goal is to help children become enthusiastic, independent, self-confident, inquisitive learners. We use an integrated program focusing on the following four areas of development:
to help children feel comfortable in school, trust their new environment, make friends, and feel they are part of the group.
to help children experience pride and self-confidence, develop independence and self-control, and have a positive attitude toward life.
to help children become confident learners by letting them try out their own ideas and experience success, and solve problems, ask questions, and use words to describe their ideas, observations, and feelings.
to help children increase their large and small muscle skills and learn what their bodies can do.
The programs and policies of Prospect Enrichment Preschool have been designed to accomplish the following objectives:
- To provide an emotionally supportive and nurturing environment for all children in our care.
- To create a stimulating and challenging learning atmosphere.
- To provide multi-cultural learning environments for children which reflect a respect for individual differences.
- To provide activities which teach non-violence and enhance each child's social, emotional, cognitive and physical development.
- To create a positive and mutually supportive working relationship with the families of the children in our care.
- To encourage and promote a self-directed staff who work well as a team to promote continual staff development.